Position Type: Casual Employee, On Call
Salary Range: $12.85 per hour
Hours: Casual/On Call
Date Posted: September 15th, 2020
Summary of Casual, On Call Position:
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for candidates interested in a casual / on call employment. If you are interested in working in a fast pace environment with the goal of providing our community’s children and youth a safe and fun place for them to learn and grow, as well as providing them with as many opportunities as possible to succeed, then you are encouraged to drop off a resume today. With the increase of demand for programs as well as new initiatives, the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for employees that are able to:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for children to play, learn and grow in.
- Supervise a group of children and youth alongside co-workers.
- Organize and implement fun and safe activities that will meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children and youth in the program.
- Provide nutritious snacks to children and youth in the program.
- Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Be a positive guidance and a role model for our members.
- Perform independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Assist with fundraising responsibilities.
- Work a flex work schedule (weekdays, weeknights and weekends).
- Perform light maintenance (sweeping, taking out the garbage, wiping down counters etc.)
- Performing other related duties asked by the supervisor.
- Have the ability to work on an “as needed” basis, often with short notice.
- Have the ability to develop and implement activities.
- Good decision making skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and communications skills.
- Education and Experience in a related field will be taken into consideration.
- Have the ability to work well with co-workers.
- Courteous manners with the public.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Have the ability to consistently show up on time daily.
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside really is “a good place to be”. We offer a supportive work environment and rewarding career opportunities!
Please send your resume to Program Director KK Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.