General Description Of The Position:
The Youth Engagement Centre Program Director provides leadership to the overall operations of all youth related programming at the Youth Engagement Centre and Boys and Girls Club of Summerside. The Youth Engagement Centre Program Director supervises, develops and implements program, curriculum and employee structure / scheduling with all programs and accepts ultimate responsibility for all programs. This position requires the ability to lead and coordinate the Strengthening Families Program. This is a salaried position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Fulfill and perform all duties and responsibilities of the Strengthening Families Program Site Coordinator (see attached).
* Responsible for the overall success of the Strengthening Families Program as well as all other programs offered at the Youth Engagement Centre.
* Responsible for all functions related to the programming employees which include the supervision, orientation, conflict management, assignment and evaluation of employees as well as recommendations to the Director of Operations as well as the Executive Director as necessary for permanent part-time, permanent full-time, casual and or contract program employees.
* Participating as required in the interview/selection process of youth programming employees.
* Scheduling all program employee hours of work in collaboration with the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside Program Director.
* Assignment of employee duties to other employees when employees are on leave.
* Maintaining all employee time off in collaboration with the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside Program Director where necessary.
* Maintaining employee attendance records.
* Collaborating with the Director of Operations with maintaining all Youth Engagement Centre employees personnel files as required.
* Mediating and carrying out all conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, incident reports and evaluations of Youth Engagement Centre employees as required.
* Ensuring youth program, as well as Strengthening Families Program supervision and delivery is meeting operational standards.
* Responsible for all incident reports and informing the Director of Operations of all incidents.
* Evaluating Youth Engagement Centre programs individually to ensure their success, impact, goals, outcomes and program financial obligations are being met.
* All functions related to implementation, assignment of duties, coordination of travel, communications and design of all programs.
* Ensuring proper numbers of members participating in each program. Ensuring that proper child to staff ratios are met.
* Responsible for the overall success of all Youth Engagement Centre programs.
* Assigning employees to specific groups to ensure safety and liability issues are met as well as special events / functions which require staff to be in attendance.
*Managing and completing data entry required for the Strengthening Families Program and all other programs.
* Creating individual program budgets and budgets for special projects/grants. In addition, managing the budgets to ensure they are mainained/adhered to.
* Preparing reports as requested by the Director of Operations and Executive Director.
* Actively reinforce organizational culture, agreements, best practices and policies.
* Lead in designing and implementing recruitment strategies for programs as well as developing a plan to retain youth with program coordinators.
* Engage, communicate and recruit youth for programs as well as recruiting community resources and sponsors / stakeholders. Host events and invite sponsors / stakeholders to showcase programs.
* Adequately advertise and market youth programs and initiatives.
* Research and present grant opportunities directed towards youth.
* Implement and follow the Youth Engagement Centre’s philosophy and ensure that all employees, members and families are as well.
* Represent the Youth Engagement Centre for all youth and Club related initiatives, promotions, meetings, teleconferences and functions that are approved by the Director of Operations.
* Responsible to present all youth program and Youth Engagement Centre updates at meetings.
* Seek out partnerships and collaborative opportunities that will benefit the youth and families
• Maintain partnerships and promote awareness of the program with all relevant external agencies
• Ensure all agency communications accurately reflects the current programming within their portfolio
• Role model leadership, a strength-based approach and the spirit of collaboration when working with external supports
• Develop effective working relationships with managers from other relevant agencies in order to effectively collaborate where possible and work together to best meet the needs of youth and their families.
• Participate on internal and external committees as needed and requested
• Maintain and develop healthy, respectful relationships with external agencies/groups such as local schools, police services, youth justice services, youth addiction services, child and family services, and other community organizations and religious groups.
• Provide external agencies/groups with resource materials about the program (i.e., brochures, business cards, referral forms).
• Ensure adherence to agency policies, procedures and standards.
• Ensure adherence to operational standards and funder expectations..
• Contact, meet with and select families for the program with the assistance of the Site Manager.
• Consistently update and consult with the Site Manager.
• Ensure Group Leaders maintain good file management procedures.
• Maintain monthly statistics: monitor, collect and compile outcomes.
• Effectively integrate the program with internal and external programs and community resources.
• Participate in agency fund raising, special events and represent the agency at external events and meetings.
* Light maintenance as requested.
* Participating in fundraising and special events as requested.
* Adherence to all provincial, federal and BGCS policies and best practices.
* Adherence to Board policies, stated hours of work, dress code and confidentiality agreements.
* Other duties as required but not stated.
Expected start date: 2020-10-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site childcare
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Resume & Cover Letter To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Type: Casual Employee, On Call
Salary Range: $12.85 per hour
Hours: Casual/On Call
Date Posted: September 15th, 2020
Summary of Casual, On Call Position:
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for candidates interested in a casual / on call employment. If you are interested in working in a fast pace environment with the goal of providing our community’s children and youth a safe and fun place for them to learn and grow, as well as providing them with as many opportunities as possible to succeed, then you are encouraged to drop off a resume today. With the increase of demand for programs as well as new initiatives, the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for employees that are able to:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for children to play, learn and grow in.
- Supervise a group of children and youth alongside co-workers.
- Organize and implement fun and safe activities that will meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children and youth in the program.
- Provide nutritious snacks to children and youth in the program.
- Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Be a positive guidance and a role model for our members.
- Perform independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Assist with fundraising responsibilities.
- Work a flex work schedule (weekdays, weeknights and weekends).
- Perform light maintenance (sweeping, taking out the garbage, wiping down counters etc.)
- Performing other related duties asked by the supervisor.
- Have the ability to work on an “as needed” basis, often with short notice.
- Have the ability to develop and implement activities.
- Good decision making skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and communications skills.
- Education and Experience in a related field will be taken into consideration.
- Have the ability to work well with co-workers.
- Courteous manners with the public.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Have the ability to consistently show up on time daily.
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside really is “a good place to be”. We offer a supportive work environment and rewarding career opportunities!
Please send your resume to Program Director KK Thompson at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.