Position Type: Permanent Part-Time
Starting Rate of Pay: $12.25
Hours: 6:30am to 8:30am and 2:30pm to 6:00pm Monday to Friday – Guaranteed 27.5 Hours Per Week With The Possibility Of Additional Shifts.
Summary of Part Time Position:
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for candidates interested in a permanent part time employment opportunity. If you are interested in working in a fast pace environment with the goal of providing our community’s children and youth a safe and fun place for them to learn and grow, as well as providing them with as many opportunities as possible to succeed, then you are encouraged to drop off a resume today. With the increase of demand for programs as well as new initiatives, the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside is looking for employees that are able to:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for children to play, learn and grow in.
- Supervise a group of children and youth alongside co-workers.
- Organize and implement fun and safe activities that will meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children and youth in the program.
- Provide nutritious snacks to children and youth in the program.
- Ensure equipment and the facility is clean, well maintained and safe at all times.
- Be a positive guidance and a role model for our members.
- Perform independently as well as part of a team environment.
- Assist with fundraising responsibilities.
- Work a flex work schedule (weekdays, weeknights and weekends).
- Perform light maintenance (sweeping, taking out the garbage, wiping down counters etc.)
- Performing other related duties asked by the supervisor.
- Have the ability to develop and implement activities.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle.
- Good decision making skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Effective verbal and communications skills.
- Education and Experience in a related field will be taken into consideration.
- Have the ability to work well with co-workers.
- Courteous manners with the public.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Have the ability to consistently show up on time daily.
The Boys and Girls Club of Summerside really is “a good place to be”. We offer a supportive work environment and rewarding career opportunities! This position will have the opportunity to grow within the organization as opportunities present themselves!
Please send your resume to the Program Director KK Thompson at email@example.com. Resumes can also be dropped off at the Boys and Girls Club of Summerside’s main office c/o KK Thompson. Thank you in advance for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.